- Understand key elements of different learning theories
- Understand how the theories influence or inform learner centered design
- Experience an online component of a hybrid course
View video: A visit with B.F. Skinner Video
Read: 1.2 Chapter 2: Traditional Learning Theories
Merriam, S. B., & Bierema, L. L. (2013). Adult Learning : Linking Theory and Practice (1st ed.). Somerset: Wiley.
Course reading: Link to eBook in JPL
What is learning?
Do Assignment 1.2
On Blackboard Unit 1
1. In the discussion forum, post your reflection on the readings on learning theories based on their understanding.
2. Respond to at least 2 other students
3. Review Exhibit 2.1 (p. 39)
4. Respond to the Learning Theories Quiz.
Click on the link to respond. Multiple attempts are allowed: